Lockland’s Good News Club
Yard Sale “Stuff”
The Village of Lockland is having a community wide yard sale on June 1. We’re participating in this year’s sale and reaching out to our friends, followers, supporters and more for “stuff”. We’ll use proceeds from selling your “stuff” during this yard sale as a donation to the Metanoia Center.
Contact Phyllis (cell 502.235.7005) to make arrangements to drop your “stuff” at our house, or other, prior to June 1st. Please provide “stuff” that is sale-able that others can use.
And, if you desire, the Metanioa Center, an IRS 501c3 organization, can provide you with a donation receipt for your taxes.
On Mission Globally
As you receive this newsletter we’ll be in Lenexa, Kansas attending the annual International Wholistic Missions Conference with CHE (Community Health Evangelism) workers and leaders from around the world. The Conference is hosted by the Global CHE Network (our mission organization).
We are very grateful to those who provide the finances for our mission work to enable us to attend this annual conference.
Please be sure to check out the website to see all of the workshop offerings and catch a vision of how important the equipping and training events of this conference are for the global, local and community ministry impact we have the pleasure of participating in. Website: https://www.wholisticmissions.com
Technology and communication efforts and needs, that Jim undertakes, often come from the meetings held before and during this conference!
On Mission Locally
Computer training to help equip and enable people to find jobs, and manage their resources and lives is one of the offerings of the Metanoia Center. During the month of April we completed 4 days (one day per week) of computer training in partnership with Lincoln Heights Outreach. Lincoln Heights is a Village immediately north of the Village of Lockland.
The training sessions are limited in size to generally no more than 10. As a result one-on-one time is possible where relationships are created. As a result of building a relationship we look for opportunity to share Biblical truth on a very personal level.
On Mission in Our Community
Passing Out New Testaments
Once again we’ll be passing out New Testaments to an area of the Village of Lockland. This will be our third year, of a planned four years, to accomplish passing them out through the entire Village. We are planning on completing the four year plan in this third year!
Here is where help is needed!
Our goal is to have 500 New Testaments to pass out. There are two ways you can participate in this activity:
- By purchasing a quantity of New Testaments to be passed out. Orders for New Testaments can be placed here. And, you can ship your order directly to our house at 316 Home Ave., Lockland, OH 45215. This is a Metanoia Center sponsored event thus your donation of New Testaments can be considered as a tax deductible gift to the Metanoia Center.
- By showing up and joining in. We’ll be passing out the New Testaments the week of July 8th (exact date yet to be determined) in conjunction with Faith Bible Church Student Ministries Summer Missions effort.
Please contact us with any questions you may have (Jim: 502.238.7338 Phyllis: 502.235.7005).
Prayer walking is a way to combine a time of worship and serving into one activity on the streets of a community. This year we have planned two prayer walks in the Village of Lockland. We’ll be prayer walking through the streets of the Village east of Interstate 75 and south of Wyoming Avenue. We’re inviting you, along with the churches of the Village of Lockland and the Village of Arlington Heights, to join us!
The dates are:
- Prayer Walk #1: Saturday, June 22nd at 10 am we will meet at Veterans Park (the corner of Wyoming and Williams) in Lockland.
- Prayer Walk #2: Friday, July 26th we will meet in the parking lot of Lockland Christian Church, 231 Mill St., Lockland at 4pm. And, at 6:30 pm we’ll planning on a cookout that will be open to the community! You are welcome to stay and participate and rub hearts with those who attend. Please also consider making a donation to help with the cookout. We’re being blessed with a professional grill cook for this evening and are needing the following: beef hot dogs, hamburgers, buns, baked beans, fried chicken, 2 liters of “coke” and water, paper good, disposable trash cans, and any other items are welcome. Or purchase a Kroger’s gift card and donate that and we’ll get the goods! Please – no pork items only chicken or beef. This is a Metanoia Center sponsored event thus your donation can be considered as a tax deductible gift to the Metanoia Center, and, upon request, will be receipted.
Pray With Us
- Passing out New Testaments and for the impact that the Word of God will have on peoples lives.
- Faith Bible Church Summer Student Ministries Mission
- Prayer Walk #1
- Prayer Walk #2
- Pray for the funding to provide for the Metanoia Center a physical location and operating costs in Lockland.
- Pray for our fall partnership with LHOI with Faith & Finances.
- Pray for Jim as he serves on the Global Community Health Evangelism Service Team. His work with this team extends the impact of his ministry around the world!
- Pray for our ministry financial support team asking God to richly bless them.
Serving With You Because of Him,
Jim and Phyllis
About Us: Jim and Phyllis are faith-based independent missionaries commissioned by Faith Bible Church, Cincinnati, Ohio serving with the Global Community Health Evangelism Network ministering globally, locally and in their own neighborhood. Donations to their ministry may be made through Alliance for Transformational Ministry, 727 E Bethany Home Rd, Ste D-122, Phoenix, AZ 85014 or online by visiting https://atm.givingfuel.com/gcn. Please include a note with your donation indicating your desire to direct it to Jim and Phyllis Null’s Ministry Area.
Contact Us: Our contact information is: Jim and Phyllis Null, 316 Home Ave., Lockland, Oh, 45215 – Telephone: 502-235-7005