Much has happened since we posted our last newsletter of 2019 to this website!
Things are underway for the annual International Wholistic Missions Conference of 2020 (IWMC) to be held in Phoenix, AZ May 13 – 15 – sponsored by the Global CHE Network. Jim’s responsibilities with the conference have expanded significantly over previous years which is helping to keep him busy as he responds to updates for the IWMC website and the IWMC conference app along with any other needs of the team. You can check out the website here!
Jim will also travel to Phoenix, AZ in May to continue helping in the presentation of this conference. Typically conference attendees come from around the world to participate in achieving this year’s goal of “To set in motion connections and conversations that strengthen wholistic ministries worldwide through the exchange of ideas and the formation of partnerships.”.
Lockland After School Clubs
The Winter/Spring 2020 after school clubs are in full swing! And working with the high schoolers, Young Life, now has three dedicated staff members! During the month of February all of the ministry team leaders for Young Life, Cru and Good News Club meet at our house to pray, plan and fellowship about serving in the After School Clubs. Thank you Keith Ray for making this happen! We are so excited about this “coming together” as an important step in ministering to the students and the schools of the Village of Lockland in a unified effort!
English as a Second Language
ESL classes have restarted and will run for 10 weeks completing before Easter. We are so blessed to have a great team of volunteers from several area churches working to teach English to immigrants living in Lockland and surrounding communities. Great friendships result from these classes that open doors for deeper conversations and more life engagement. If you have an interest in helping please reach out to us. You do not need to a certified teacher!
A Home for the Metanoia Center
$10,000 Matching Gift Achieved!
We are so excited to have a home for the Metanoia Center! If you have not yet heard about this amazing answer to prayer please go here to read the details.
And with this home has came a wonderful opportunity where a friend of the Metanoia Center provided a $10,000 matching gift opportunity turning their $10,000 gift into $20,000 with their dollar-for-dollar match up to $10,000.
The challenge was met, and exceeded, in only 21 days, with donations totaling $10,167.50. With the match we have now received $20,167.50 in funds! Thank you to everyone who donated!Results
And Now, a $5,000 Matching Gift
On the heals of achieving the $10,000 matching gift comes another for $5,000 from another friend of the Metanoia Center! That’s right! A dollar-for-dollar match up to $5,000!
Donations can be made online, or by mailing a check to Metanoia Center, Business Office, 316 Home Ave., Lockland, OH, 45215.
This Matching Gift Opportunity runs through March 31, 2020!
Opportunities to volunteer will be posted on the Metanoia Center website very soon! And we will also email you a notification when they have.
Due to the generous gifts we’ve received we have already had a new roof installed on the building and been able to get utilities hooked up and ready to go!
- A Home for the Metanoia Center – there are many things to be praying for including funding, safety for workers, favor with vendors for reduced costs or gifts in kind, planning and logistics, involvement of the community, and future use of the building to minister to the community with a global outreach.
- The after school groups, Young Life, Cru and Good News, for the influence with their students and opportunities to speak life through Jesus, as well as their reputation and influence in the schools and the community in general.
- For Jim’s work with the Global CHE Network and the International Missions Conference.
- For favor with area churches towards engaging them with the Metanoia Center especially the churches in the Village of Lockland. And by engagement we are not speaking exclusively of funding but wholisticly of their complete engagement by volunteering in after school clubs, by becoming facilitators for the Metanoia Center’s curriculum, to rehabbing the building, to prayer walking the streets and more.
- Pray for the ESL classes, for the students, and for opportunities to build relationships with the students that go outside of the class time.
Thank you for your heart and love for the ministry occurring because of your faithful prayers and investment in us and the Metanoia Center.
Serving With You Because of Him,
Jim and Phyllis
About Us: Jim and Phyllis are faith-based independent missionaries commissioned by Faith Bible Church, Cincinnati, Ohio serving with the Global Community Health Evangelism Network ministering globally, locally and in their own neighborhood. Donations to their ministry may be made through Alliance for Transformational Ministry, 727 E Bethany Home Rd, Ste D-122, Phoenix, AZ 85014 or online by visiting https://atm.givingfuel.com/gcn. Please include a note with your donation indicating your desire to direct it to Jim and Phyllis Null’s Ministry Area.
Contact Us: our contact information is: Jim and Phyllis Null, 316 Home Ave., Lockland, Oh, 45215 – Telephone: 502-235-7005.
Visit the Global CHE Network website at: https://www.chenetwork.org
Visit the International Wholistic Missions Conference website at: https://www.wholisticmissions.com
Visit the Metanoia Center website at: https://www.metanoiacenter.net