July 9th Ministering in Downtown Cincinnati – FBC’s student ministries will be ministering in downtown Cincinnati with Kingdom Warriors. Kingdom Warriors meets every Monday night underneath the I-75 bridge on Third Street at 6pm. They provide a hot meal, clothing and opportunity for prayer for several hundred homeless men, women and children. FBC students will be serving on the food line, and also staffing a Prayer Station this evening. We would like to make an open invitation for you to join us this evening. For questions and details please contact Phyllis Null at 502-235-7005 – and watch the video below to check out a Prayer Station.
Thank you to everyone who donated New Testaments for efforts this July in passing them out to two neighborhoods in Lockland. We have received 550 New Testaments with the final purchase of New Testaments from a $153.00 donation collected by the children’s ministry of Faith Bible Church.
A group of folks met on the evening of June 27th to “stuff” the door knob hanger bags, and we’re ready to go. There are nearly 550 bags with New Testaments and a brochure about this fall’s Faith & Finances class, a brochure about the Good News Club and another brochure about a Thurday “Fun in the Park” ministry event in July. And there are about another 400 hangers that just have the brochures to be passed out in other neighborhoods of the Village of Lockland. Please pray fervently for the affect and impact of the door knob hangers! And, come and join us!
Faith & Finances Registration is Now Open
A Faith & Finances class unites people from varied financial backgrounds who explore together money management skills and biblical stewardship principles. Designed specifically for low-income adults, Faith & Finances addresses the challenges the materially poor face and helps them rediscover their God-given dignity.
- Course Length: 13 weeks
- Course Fee: $15 includes workbook
- Class Size: maximum of 20 participants
You’re an ideal candidate for this course if ….
- You are just starting out learning how to manage money, or,
- You don’t have a lot of extra money to spare, or,
- You desire to overcome financial obstacles, or,
- You want to save more and pay off debt, or,
- You have a desire to do better with your financial resources.
Sound like you? Come join us for once-a-week for 13 weeks Faith & Finances Financial Literacy seminar as we discover God’s design for our money!Register Here
We were, again this year, invited to join in the iftar for the ending of Ramadan at the restaurant of our friends Baha and Nora on June 11. Below are some photos of the iftar featuring Baha and Nora with the roast lamb they prepared for the evening meal. As you look at the photos you’ll see Muslims, Christians, Jews and others, and, people from Palestine, Saudi Arabia, Japan, Israel and the U.S. It was an enjoyable evening of getting to know one another, eating fabulous food, and enjoying the kindness of Baha and Nora. They prepared a fabulous meal consisting of the roasted lamb, stuffed with rice and beef, roasted chicken and potatoes with spices, hummus, a “Greek” salad, two kinds of soup including lentil soup, and pita bread. The meal was finished out with dessert consisting of qatayef and chocolate cakes. The qatayef was awesome! Join us in praying that we represent Christ well at every opportunity we are provided with. Click a photo to see a larger version.
- Faith Bible Church Student Ministries in Lockland on July 10th we’ll be passing out New Testaments, and on July 11th the team wil be doing a service project at Valley Inter-Faith Ministries and then on July 12th holding a park event for kids and youth in the community,
- We’ll also be serving with FBC Student Ministries on Monday evening, July 9th, with Kingdom Warriors. Kingdom Warriors feeds hundreds of homeless men and women weekly on Third Street underneath the Interstate 75 bridge, along with serving we’ll set up a Prayer Station for those desiring prayer.
- Pray for Jim’s continued development of the new websites for the Global CHE Network. He continues to make great progress! The team is looking forward to the greater capacity the new sites will provide for the Global CHE Network (CHE = Community Health Evangelism).
- August 10th and 11th we’ve scheduled a CHE (community health evangelism) training event – the first ever in the community. The event is being hosted by Lockland-Presbyterian Church and sponsored by the Metanoia Center. This training event will provide an introduction to CHE and wholistic ministry. As of now it looks like this event is completely booked! The focus of this training event is “Wholistic Ministry in an Urban Setting“.
- Thursday, August 23rd is Prayer Station night in Lockland – “Boots on the Ground”. We’ll be sitting up 3 prayer stations in the community, and also have a mobile prayer team. The mobile prayer team will visit the locations of every church in the Village praying for each church and their pastors. This event is open for anyone to attend. Please make this a matter of prayer now and for the impact of this night on our town.
Serving With You Because of Him,
Jim and Phyllis
About Us: Jim and Phyllis are faith-based independent missionaries commissioned by Faith Bible Church, Cincinnati, Ohio serving with the Global Community Health Evangelism Network ministering globally, locally and in their own neighborhood. Donations to their ministry may be made through Alliance for Transformational Ministry, 727 E Bethany Home Rd, Ste D-122, Phoenix, AZ 85014 or online by visiting https://atm.givingfuel.com/gcn. Please include a note with your donation indicating your desire to direct it to Jim and Phyllis Null’s Ministry Area.
Contact Us: Our contact information is: Jim and Phyllis Null, 316 Home Ave., Lockland, Oh, 45215 – Telephone: 502-235-7005