Susan G. Komen, Planned Parenthood and the American Diabetes Association
// February 20th, 2012 // eNewsletters
UPDATE: May 29, 2012 – an Adobe Acrobat PDF of the ride route can be found here. There are good turn arounds at about 7 miles (for a 14 mile ride at the Water Tower on River Road) and 12 miles (for a 24 mile ride at the coffee shop in Prospect) for those wanting a shorter ride.
If you’ve been plugged in to the news you know all about Susan G. Komen permitting their chapters to donate funds to Planned Parenthood. And, if you’re up to speed on Planned Parenthood you know they provide abortion services! And, if you know me, you know that I take a Biblical position on abortion, as it being the murder of unborn children.
I was diagnosed with diabetes in 2008. In order to improve my health I began bike riding and changing my diet. I also wanted to use my bike riding for a ‘cause’ and thus chose one that would naturally fit with my personal health efforts in conquering diabetes.
Since 2008 friends and family have donated several thousand dollars in sponsorships. In 2012, in the wake of the announcement of Susan G. Komen’s support of Planned Parenthood, I began to investigate my ‘cause’, the American Diabetes Association, for where they stood on this very important issue. I was directed by them to their statement which indicates their support of “all forms of stem cell research” – which includes research using tissue from aborted babies.
I have decided to discontinue supporting them due to their stance.
I then realized I could support a cause more aligned to my Biblical values in regards to the sanctity of human life in fundraising for A Woman’s Choice Resource Center and Necole’s Place in Louisville, Kentucky (where I live). It’s my goal to help raise funds to support their ongoing ministry.
A Woman’s Choice 2011 Statistics
- Our number of total clients served at the Pregnancy Centers was 3,213
- We performed 2,688 pregnancy tests
- 1,860 of the pregnancy tests were positive
- We provided ultrasounds to 1,020 ladies
- Since launching more intentional evangelism training our counselors shared the gospel with 94% more clients in 2011
- We provided ultrasounds to 866 abortion-minded or abortion- vulnerable clients
- We estimate that approximately 636 babies were saved by God through this ministry in 2011 (that’s a 5% increase over the prior year)
Necole’s Place 2011 Statistics
- We experienced a total of 3,744 visits
- We served an average of 78 women and 42 children per month
- The GED class had the most participants and we had 2 clients to get their GED diplomas in 2011
- Over 25 classes were taught on a consistent basis for clients to attend. (Bible Study, Parenting, Stress & Anger Management, Money Management, Cooking, and other life skills classes)
- Our staff counselors met with clients for a total of 265 hours
Help Sponsor a TEAM LIFE Bike Ride
You can help raise funds for A Woman’s Choice and Necole’s Place. A Woman’s Choice Resource Center (AWC) is a non-profit special health clinic designed to educate and assist women who are facing or have experienced a crisis pregnancy. Necole’s Place is the life skills and education center for clients of AWC. Necole’s Place exists to equip women and their children to live godly and productive lives by sharing God’s Word, encouraging Christian life choices, teaching practical living skills and providing spiritual and emotional support.
Your sponsorship of this 20 to 100 mile bike ride on Saturday, 6/16/2012 departing at 9:00 AM will help AWC and Necole’s Place to change hearts and save lives. To make an online sponsorship donation go to www.awomanschoice.org/Support-Our-Ministries.html, click “Make a Donation” and enter “Sponsor Jim Null” in the Order Description box, or you may mail a check made to Necole’s Place, 706 E. Chestnut Street, Louisville, KY 40202. AWC is a 501c3 organization. As such, your sponsorship donation may be tax deductible.
This bike ride will be an unsupported self-guided ride. We’ll provide you with some suggestions of routes to follow departing from Necole’s Place at 706 E. Chestnut Street in Louisville at 9am on June 16, 2012.
However, please feel free to develop your own route if you join us at Necole’s Place at the time and date of this ride. What’s important is the sponsorships for your ride more so than where you start and finish the ride!
Check back for more details as they develop – Jim.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.