$10,000 September Matching Gift Challenge
This matching gift challenge generated a total of $16,680 for the Metanoia Center! Praise God! Thank you to everyone who participated in this opportunity.
Come and See
We’ve had over 120 volunteers join us through the summer at the Metanoia Center. We’re aware that others would like “to come and see” what God is doing with these two buildings in our community. We are extending an invitation to you to do just that. Please reach out to us and let us know your desire, and we’ll sync up our calendar with your available date and time to walk through both buildings. Give us a call or drop us an email (contact info is below).
In September we had one scheduled work day where more than 50 people came to help Make a Home for the Metanoia Center! Those coming included 4 pastors, a Nigerian national missionary, several individuals from the neighborhood, the Student Ministry of Faith Bible Church and members of Lockland Nazarene Church. Lockland Nazarene Church also sponsored our lunch (Thank You)!
To Jim’s surprise, the 40 yard, six foot six inch, 5 ton dumpster was filled in just over two hours of activity. Great progress was made in the 113 building as we continued the demo and debris removal. The Student Ministry team tackled the 115 building and emptied of cabinets, paneling, dry wall, debris, and more!
Photos from this work day can be found on our Facebook page.Facebook Page
October Work Days
We have two Work Days scheduled in October. One work day is scheduled for a neighboring church who has an annual “Be the Church” day where they serve a local ministry – and they picked the Metanoia Center this year! This is a non-public scheduled day.
October 17th has been scheduled as a public work day! Sign up is now open! Please signup early to ensure a spot!REGISTER HERE
Lunch Sponsor Needed. We are looking for someone, or a church or organization, to be our lunch sponsor for this date. Please contact us (details are below) if you have an interest in doing so to find out how!
We are focused on making building 115 usable by small groups! In particular the after school clubs for “Good News”, Cru and YoungLife. We also have an opportunity for a weekly men’s Bible study group to use this facility as a place to meet as winter months come upon us (they have been meeting outside at a local park). We have much due in order to ready the building from purchasing tables and chairs, to providing heat, and a safe and dry meeting area, as well as ensuring a sanitized socially distance space.
As we work on building 115, we are also continuing to efforts on 113 as we await architectural plans for repair of the floor joists.
With colder temps on the way we are feeling an urgency on both efforts.
Faith Bible Church, in conjunction with their annual missions conference, will be joining us for a community Prayer Walk on October 24th. We are inviting you to join us! The Prayer Walk will begin at 12:30 pm on October 24th by gathering at the Metanoia Center at 115 N. Wayne Ave (on street parking wherever you find it). We’ll provide you with a brief introduction, maps and directions to a neighborhood. Prayer Walks generally last about 2 hours.REGISTER HERE
- Continue to pray for funding. We have begun the process for several grants. We are also continue to reach out to area churches and those individuals who volunteer with us. Pray that God gives us favor with these connections, not only for funds, but also for ministering together and future program volunteers!
- Pray with us we seek personal ministry financial partners (see the gray inset below).
- Pray for our architect, Ken, as he works the necessary drawings to repair the floor joists and for favor as we seek permits once those drawings are complete!
- Pray for the work at preparing 115 for use, and for favor as we seek inspections leading to an occupancy permit.
- Pray for the plumber we have contacted, that they will soon begin work and for funds to cover their work!
- Pray for the electrician we have contacted, that they will son begin work and for funds to cover their work!
- Pray for our volunteers – that God would bless them for their kindness to us. And, for the message they provide to the local community by their labor of love.
- Pray for those we are meeting on the street! We’ve had several contacts this month with immigrants who are very ready for ESL (English as a Second Language) classes to resume!
- Pray for the Village of Lockland, and surrounding communities. Our Village has had several “gun” happenings lately. We are praying for the shalom of God on our community.
Full Time With the Metanoia Center
With the growth of the Metanoia Center we’ve seen our “hours of activity” shifting more and more to the Metanoia Center away from other ministry commitments. To accomplish present and future goals of the Metanoia Center our activity will continue to shift in that direction. Which has brought us to the realization of our need to be “full time” with the Metanoia Center. Below are the details about joining our financial support team.
By U.S. Mail or Thru Your Financial Institution
Your support check can be mailed to Metanoia Center, Business Office, 316 Home Ave., Lockland, OH, 45215. Please feel free to add a note indicating that your donation is for the “Ministry of Jim and Phyllis Null”.
Online With a Debit or Credit Card
Go to https://www.metanoiacenter.net/donate.php and select the SimpleGive option. Here you’ll be able to setup recurring donations using a debit or credit card, or your checking account. Donations setup here will automatically recur on the schedule that you select! Select, from the drop down, “Ministry of Jim and Phyllis Null”.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any questions, help or ideas! We are seeking financial help for our personal ministry living expenses as we serve full time with the Metanoia Center.
Serving With You Because of Him,
Jim and Phyllis
About Us: Jim and Phyllis are faith-based independent missionaries commissioned by Faith Bible Church, Cincinnati, Ohio serving with the Metanoia Center. Donations to their ministry may be made through the Metanoia Center, Business Office, 316 Home Ave., Lockland, OH, 45215 or online by visiting https://www.metanoiacenter.net/donate.php. If sent by postal mail, please include a note with your donation indicating your desire to direct it to Jim and Phyllis Null’s Ministry Area. The Metanoia Center is recognized by the IRS as a 501c3 organization, thus your donation can be considered for tax exemption – please consult with your tax professional for details.
Contact Us: our contact information is: Jim and Phyllis Null, 316 Home Ave., Lockland, Oh, 45215 – Telephone: 502-235-7005.