Note: click any image to see a larger version.
We’ve been presented with a Matching Gift challenge. The gift amount is $1500.00. The donor has challenged us to double it to $3000.00 or triple it to $4500.00. Their hopes are to see this donation grow to help generate funds to complete 113 N. Wayne Ave!
As of the date of writing this message we have received $360.00 towards this challenge! Donations can be made online, by clicking below, or by check mailed to the Metanoia Center, Business Office, 316 Home Ave., Lockland, OH, 45215.Donate Here
Progress on the Buildings
We’ve made significant progress on the buildings. We are now focusing on 113 N. Wayne, first to complete the lower level where the Metanoia Center will function from, then the apartments above. After 113 is completed we’ll then focus on 115 N. Wayne! Thank you to everyone who has helped with time and muscles and donations.
We are so close! The demo work is 99+% completed. We are moving into the phase of putting things back together! Today’s estimate is $300,000 to complete both floors of 113. $150,000 for each floor! People often ask us what we need – simply put, we need money to push forward and complete this task. Donations received will be used to purchase materials, pay for permits and pay professional workers where we need to use them.
A Year Ago
A year ago, during one of our Saturday Work Days, a volunteer installed a light in the driveway behind 115 N. Wayne. This driveway, prior to the light, was pitch black in the evening. We were amazed at the difference the light made. Some of our neighbors expressed their appreciation for the three lights we’ve placed around the buildings lighting up the sidewalks and the back driveway – they noticed! Other neighbors mentioned how they felt the Metanoia Center was a light on dark corner of the neighborhood. What great segways into conversations about Jesus being the light, and that what is done through the Metanoia Center, is done to bring glory to Him and point people to Him as THE solution for living.
Rest a Bit
This month we completed the installation of a bench on the front of the buildings. In this photo you see Louis installing the bench. Louis is one of our great neighbors. He is a gifted craftsman and grill master!
The bench was given to the Metanoia Center by one of Lockland’s Pastors as a gift to the community. We’ve located the bench in a late-in-the-day shady place for people to take a moment to rest! It is a great place to stop, especially in the cooler early hours, to pray for those on the street, those in cars passing by, and for the volunteers and ministries happening through the Metanoia Center!
If you follow us on Facebook you already know about our logo painted on front of the building. Having our logo here makes it so much easier for people to find us.
We’ve been making good progress on painting the exterior of 115 N. Wayne. We are now working in the back driveway and alleyway. And, we’ve begun painting 113 N. Wayne as well.
This month, Sam, UC professor, and Keith, a retired professional painter from Lincoln, IL., donated their time to come and help. As a result the painting has progressed rapidly. In this photo you can see the rear entrance to 113 where primer has been applied to the block, and next to it under the stairs, you can see what it looked like before the primer.
The process is drawn out – we power wash the block twice and hand chip it twice. We then seal up any cracks or holes with construction grade sealant. Next we apply a coat of primer/water sealer mold barrier. Lastly we paint it with two coats of durable exterior paint! We’re pushing to get as much completed as we can before the wet cold days of fall arrive!
A huge thank you goes out to Marmalade Lily for their creative efforts helping to generate donations for the Metanoia Center! Marmalade Lily is offering their TML T-shirt for sale and donating the proceeds from these sales to the Metanoia Center.
You can order a shirt at the link below … and while there please check them out. They perform an amazing floral service for all kinds of events and activities. Be sure to check out their Ladies’ Night Out U-Cut Flowers and Open Air Market event coming soon!
Thank you Marmalade Lily for your help in Making a Home for the Metanoia Center!Marmalade Lily TShirt
- Phyllis continues to recover from COVID Pneumonia. It is a slow process! She still struggles with tachycardia, coughing, and lung issues. However, she continues to improve as she returns to a rhythm of daily activity. We continue to pray for complete healing as we explore getting her in front of some health specialists to be sure we’re not missing anything.
- Pray for Keith Ray and his team as their after school ministry has kicked off in full effort at the Metanoia Center! Their group can have from 10 to 30 kids of a variety of ages. We are very grateful for their faithful efforts to share the hope of Christ with these students by pouring their own lives into them.
- Continue to pray for awards of grants. We have applied for 12 grants year to date, of which 8 have turned us down. So four remain. We have also been working with Elemental Churches who will be adding 3 more grant requests yet this year. Receiving any grant will help us, along with donations from individuals, churches and organizations, complete 113 N. Wayne!
- Pray for our architect – Ken – as he finalizes the plans for the downstairs of 113 N. Wayne and submits them to Hamilton County Building for a permit. We are asking God for favor in processing these permits which will make it possible for us to begin to get stud walls up and begin tearing up the floor for the plumbing of the bathrooms!
- Pray for our ESL team as we begin planning for the return of ESL classes to the Metanoia Center after a summer break!
Serving With You Because of Him,
Jim and Phyllis
About Us: Jim and Phyllis are faith-based independent missionaries commissioned by Faith Bible Church, Cincinnati, Ohio serving with the Metanoia Center. Donations to their ministry may be made through the Metanoia Center, Business Office, 316 Home Ave., Lockland, OH, 45215 or online by visiting https://www.metanoiacenter.net/donate.php. If sent by postal mail, please include a note with your donation indicating your desire to direct it to Jim and Phyllis Null’s Ministry Area. The Metanoia Center is recognized by the IRS as a 501c3 organization, thus your donation can be considered for tax exemption – please consult with your tax professional for details.
Contact Us: our contact information is: Jim and Phyllis Null, 316 Home Ave., Lockland, Oh, 45215 – Telephone: 502-235-7005.Pages: