February 21, 2023 marks three years since we became the owners of 113 N. Wayne Ave. In this three years we have had more than 250 people, and more than ten churches join us in completing Phase One: A Home for the Metanoia Center.
Thousands of hours of physical labor and thousands of dollars in donations over the three years has resulted in realizing this first phase of our vision for the buildings on the corner of Wayne Ave and Walnut St. It’s time to celebrate what God has done through His people! You are invited to join us for an evening Dedication Service! Space is limited so please register early. Complete details can be found by clicking the button below.
Psalm 66:5 – Come and see what God has done, his awesome deeds for mankind! NIVDedication Service Details
Phase Two will complete Making a Home for the Metanoia Center.
Phase Two covers completing the renovation of the second floor of 113 N. Wayne Ave. The second floor consists of two apartments, that when rented, will help address the housing shortage in the immediate area. The proceeds from renting these units will also help create a sustainable income for the Metanoia Center to cover our monthly operating expenses!
Our general contractor, Unlimited Carpentry, has submitted to us a formal estimate of costs to completely renovate this floor. The cost, including a small contingency amount in the budget, is $175,000.00. This estimate covers two of everything, two HVAC units, two electrical panels, two bathrooms, two kitchens, new windows throughout, drywall, new doors including fire rated doors where required, new flooring, renovation of the stairs and stairwell and more.
Complete details can be found by clicking the button below, including a video-walk-thru.Details Phase Two
An up to date Volunteer Opportunities listing is now available on our website where you can serve and minister at the Metanoia Center! We have a tremendous need for additional servant tutors on Tuesdays from 3:00 to 5:00 working with grades 1, 2, and 3. No experience is needed other than a love for people and children. Contact us for full details (Phyllis 502.235.7005). Click the button below to view all of the open volunteer opportunities at the Metanoia Center.Volunteer Opportunities Details
One… Two… Three… and We’re Off
Beginning with the week of January 23rd we opened the doors to the completed bottom floor of 113 N. Wayne Ave to our ministry teams. After a personal walk through, passing out keys, and hearing their input we turned them loose …. and we’re off! The week kicked off on Tuesday with our tutoring program with about 15 students and 10 teacher/leaders. We learned, though, to our surprise, that the sound bounces off all three walls and the floor and gets louder and louder. We are in process of looking for a sound abatement solution with our architect to tamp down the level of sound in order to improve the overall experience. We continue to add new features to this space as items are located, purchased, built and installed. Such as cabinets for ministry leaders, additional safety and security sensors, tables, chairs and more. We’re so grateful for all of the help we are receiving and the flexible, servants heart of our volunteers. The students seemed to be stunned moving from 115 to 113. You can have the same stunning experience! Reach out to us for a walk through of the new facility. We’d love to walk through it with you!
Our 2023 Board
- Don Stowell, Chair, Term Expires 2023
- Judi Dreith, Vice-Chair, Term Expires 2024
- Emily Hamm, Secretary, Term Expires 2024
- Mary Bryant, Term Expires 2025
- Warren Clarke, Term Expires 2024
- Brian Stephens, Term Expires 2023
- Terri Zellner, Term Expires 2023, Treasurer
- Phyllis Null, Co-Director with a Non-Expiring Term
- Jim Null, Co-Director with a Non Expiring Term
With the completion of Phase One we are changing our business office address from 316 Home Ave to Metanoia Center, 113 N. Wayne Ave., Lockland, OH 45215. Don’t worry – any mail you currently send to the 316 Home Ave address will still make it to us! This change will help correct issues with online maps and so forth so folks don’t get lost trying to find us!
Activity Calendar: with the growing needs of our new facility we’ve published an activity calendar on our website. More and more events will be added as programs are implemented and activities change through each month.Activity Calendar
- We would love to own our van to transport students to and from tutoring, as well as for many other functions. We’re grateful to Wyoming Baptist Church for making theirs available to us in the time being. Please pray with us for a van solution that meets all of our needs, schedules, and at an affordable cost!
- Pray as the students move into the new building! Our tutoring and MC Club programs and English Language Class all transfer into the new space this week. These programs continue to grow in numbers which means we need more volunteers! Pray for additional volunteers to partner with us in these efforts.
- Pray for funding for Phase Two! Our desire is to have tenants in the apartments by December of 2023!
- We are seeking additional individuals to join our Board. Pray for wisdom and guidance as we do the work of seeking our servant leaders to help direct the future of the Metanoia Center.
- Praise God for Pro Bono Partnership and the work they are doing to help us establish a stronger legal position with our forms and with laws and rules required of 501c3 non-profit organizations.
- We have provided a letter of intent for a $100,000 grant. They should be responding to us any day as to the next step – which is an offer to submit a formal application for the grant. Pray for favor in this process that we would receive this offer. The funds from this grant would support our efforts to complete Phase Two.
Serving With You Because of Him!
Jim and Phyllis
To keep up on daily activity follow Us on Facebook Here
About Us: Jim and Phyllis are faith-based independent missionaries commissioned by Faith Bible Church, Cincinnati, Ohio serving with the Metanoia Center. Donations to their ministry may be made through the Metanoia Center, 113 N. Wayne Ave., Lockland, OH, 45215 or online by visiting https://www.metanoiacenter.net/donate.php. If sent by postal mail, please include a note with your donation indicating your desire to direct it to Jim and Phyllis Null’s Ministry Area. The Metanoia Center is recognized by the IRS as a 501c3 organization, thus your donation is eligible to be considered for tax exemption – please consult with your tax professional for details.