2022 Has Arrived!
Typically, with our monthly newsletter, we look back at the previous month and highlight some of the key activities of the Metanoia Center. And then we look ahead at what we see coming as items to pray for!
As we look back at December 2021 we find that we spent a bunch of time planning. Along with the planning came times of talking with contractors seeking estimates and drawings. We also reached out to the churches who are represented by volunteers who have served at the Metanoia Center.
Since we are now ready to begin putting things back together at 113 N. Wayne Ave, we spent a lot of time seeking funding partners for Phase I of Making a Home for the Metanoia Center.
Today, the first week of January, we are ready to begin putting all of our efforts in, and leading up to, December into motion. We are waiting on several drawings before we can seek permits to begin! Two drawings from our engineer for the plumbing and electrical should be arriving in our hands in the next couple of weeks. Along with that a final drawing from our beloved architect with some last minute changes requested by us should be arriving. All which will be submitted to the country for permits to do the actual work needed for these foundational elements. Once these are completed we’ll be ready for initial electrical work followed by ceiling work and studding out the walls!
Phase I is the completion of the lower level of 113 N. Wayne. To do this we also need to do some initial work for the apartments above, such as plumbing, electrical, HVAC so that we can install the ceiling in the lower level and be ready for Phase II – completing the apartments on the second floor. Our budget estimate for Phase I is $150,000. During the month of December, as mentioned above, we reached out to all of the churches whom our volunteers represented with an ask for funding to help us complete Phase I. Praise God! As of today, once all promised funds are received, we’ll have almost $110,000 in donations towards the $150,000 budget! Several churches responded with significant gifts and many individuals also responded with major gifts! Additionally, we received our first grant in the amount of $10,000. We are very grateful, thank you, praise God!
We are continuing to seek out donors to make up the final $40,000 of the budgeted amount, as well as funding from potential grants.
We are now ready to move forward as we wait for the needed drawings to be permitted, and giving our contractors a go to begin! This part is a slow process as each piece is dependent upon the other. We are, however, grateful to be here and looking forward to seeing the last stages of the transformation of 113 N. Wayne Ave.
As always, we want to invite you to reach out to us. We would love to take you on a walk through both buildings and share with you the amazing things happening on this corner of Wayne and Walnut in the Village of Lockland.
What About 115
As we place all of our focus into completing 113 N. Wayne you might ask, “what about 115 N. Wayne?”. We are continuing to use this building for MC Club, the after school program, ESL Classes, YoungLife and a weekly men’s prayer and bible study group. It also serves as the onsite office of the Metanoia Center. Additionally, we’ll use a sectioned off portion of the building to safely store materials and equipment for 113.
Plans for 2022
In 2022, we are planning for several Prayer Walks and also the #LoveLockland Street Party! Details have not been finalized. However, we’re very excited about some of the ideas and possibilities we’ve been discussing for these activities! We are also using the early months of 2022 to make formal plans on how 113 N. Wayne will be used when it’s completed … things like security and building access, policies, community use, mentoring and tutoring, Wifi … all those little details that work together behind the scenes to help things run smoothly. There will be lots happening “under the hood” as we put forth efforts to complete Phase I, and source and plan for Phase II
- Phase I – complete the bottom floor of 113 N. Wayne and receive an occupancy permit.
- Phase II – complete the second floor of 113 N. Wayne (the apartments) and receive an occupancy permit.
- Phase III – complete the medical clinic at 115 N. Wayne and receive an occupancy permit for the clinic.
- Phase IV – complete the laundromat at 115 N. Wayne and receive and occupancy permit for the clinic.
- Jim had a procedure before Christmas where 4 stones were removed from his bladder, and a biopsy of the prostrate was performed. The biopsy returned no cancer – but his prostrate is rather large! He’s a bit of an over-achiever in this department! Almost a week after the procedure he received a catheter which is his to keep and use until his scheduled partial prostatectomy on January 27th. And then finally, a week after the surgery he gets to give back the catheter. Please pray with us that they’ll move up his date. He’s on the surgery cancellation waiting list for a sooner date. Moving up the date by two weeks would be such a help and blessing in this process.
- Pray for Ken, our architect, and Jorge, his technician as they adjust the design drawings for our requested changes.
- Pray for Ray, our engineer, as he completes the design drawings for plumbing and electrical (HVAC is already completed).
- Pray for our contractors, that once we give them a “go”, that their schedules will open up to do the work needed.
- Pray for additional donations, grants and funders to raise sufficient funds to match our $150,000 budget for Phase I. And, looking forward, for Phase II, III and IV!
- Pray for our ministry teams – MC Club, ESL, YoungLife and mens group – for rich meetings that deepen relationships with Christ.
- Our board will be meeting in February. Pray for this meeting as we report and make plans together for the Metanoia Center.
- Praise God for the funds received to date for Phase I – thanking God for those who donated so much to help us accomplish Making a Home for the Metanoia Center!
Serving With You Because of Him,
Jim and Phyllis
About Us: Jim and Phyllis are faith-based independent missionaries commissioned by Faith Bible Church, Cincinnati, Ohio serving with the Metanoia Center. Donations to their ministry may be made through the Metanoia Center, Business Office, 316 Home Ave., Lockland, OH, 45215 or online by visiting https://www.metanoiacenter.net/donate.php. If sent by postal mail, please include a note with your donation indicating your desire to direct it to Jim and Phyllis Null’s Ministry Area. The Metanoia Center is recognized by the IRS as a 501c3 organization, thus your donation can be considered for tax exemption – please consult with your tax professional for details.