Clicking an image takes you to a larger, downloadable, version.
Happening in June and July 2022
We have several events happening for which participants and volunteers are needed!
June 24-25 – One Day, 24 Hours of Prayer
Make a difference in the world from Lockland, to Cincinnati, to Ohio, to Africa, Central America and around the world by spending one hour in prayer on this one day. Reserve one hour, in a 24 hour day, to show up and pray at the Metanoia Center at 113 N. Wayne from Friday, June 24 at 6pm through Saturday, June 25th at 6pm. We encourage you to bring several friends with you for your hour of intercession and praise! The Metanoia Center will provide for you a tent covering and chairs. This is a “rain or shine” activity. 113 N. Wayne will be unlocked and open so that you can move inside to pray in the event of inclement weather. Otherwise, you’re invited to pray on the sidewalk immediately in front of 113 N. Wayne Ave. We will also provide a prayer item bullet list so you have current, and needed, prayer topics to guide you for your hour of prayer!Register Here
Space is limited, please register early!
Crazy Kid Concoctions – July 19 thru July 21
2nd Annual #LoveLockland Street Party, Friday July 22
Prayer Walk – May 24th was our first public/community prayer walk since COVID arrived! We’ve had several prayer walks in the time since COVID by church groups and work teams AND individuals. The May 24th walk was open to the public at large. Ten people came to the Metanoia Center to walk the immediate neighborhood and pray. From those ten there were six different churches represented. It was an awesome night of prayer, perfect weather, and engagement with our neighborhoods. Represented in the six churches was one church from the Village of Lockland!
There will be several other public/community prayer walks yet this summer – please be watching for your email or Facebook invite! Upcoming soon (see the lead article in this newsletter) is the June 24th-25th 24 hours of prayer!
Pursue intimacy with God by praying for others – Rick Sarthou
Power Washing – a huge shoutout to Asbach Solutions for coming by 113 and power washing the front brick all the way to the top! In addition they also power wash sidewalk in front of 113. All at no cost to the Metanoia Center! Looking sharp now! Josh is also a firefighter! These guys know how to get things done, quickly and professionally. Give them a call.
Exterior Painting – we hope to wrap exterior painting of the cinder block walls for BOTH buildings in another week or two. The last remaining exterior painting is the eave under the new metal roofing. Contact us, 502.235.7338, if you like to work on a ladder doing trim work!
Volunteer Opportunity – Picture to the right is a stump remaining from a tree that literally grew up around a fence and the rear corner of the building. We would like to get this stump cut down to the ground and moved over into our alley. Once in the alley we’ll slice-n-dice it up so that we can dispose of it. This volunteer project would take perhaps a total of two hours and needs at least two, perhaps three, individuals to accomplish. Along with a decent chain saw! Please let us know if you can tackle this need. It can be done at any time, on any day you are available. Contact 502.235.7338!
- Pray for the outcome of estimates and costs to complete Phase 1 of 113 N. Wayne as we have discussions with a general contractor towards that end!
- Praise God for the financial gifts we’ve received, both those for the Metanoia Center, and those for our personal ministry support! #grateful
- Pray for the 24 Hours of Prayer and the impact this will have on the neighborhood. Pray that those receiving this invite, along with other invites, are motivated to sign up (register) and give a sacrifice of an hour to pray!
- Pray for Crazy Kid Concoctions and the #LoveLockland Street Party! Please consider volunteering for either. Contact us for information and or interest at 502.235.7005.
- Thank you God for the opportunity to speak at two churches this past month! We are available to come and share at your local church! If interested, please reach out to us!
- Pray for our ESL (English as a Second Language) team as they reach out and seek additional volunteer teacher/leaders for our fall session.
- Pray for the MC Club as they take the summer off, while doing so make plans for the fall of 2022.
- Continue to pray for the tutoring program, in partnership with Lockland Schools, we will be kicking off this fall for grades 1, 2, and 3. Teachers are still needed. Contact Phyllis at 502.235.7005 for information!
- And, as you have faithfully done, pray for all of the pieces needed to complete Phase 1 of our plan to Make a Home for the Metanoia Center.
Serving With You Because of Him!
Jim and Phyllis
For the latest and greatest – Follow Us on Facebook Here
About Us: Jim and Phyllis are faith-based independent missionaries commissioned by Faith Bible Church, Cincinnati, Ohio serving with the Metanoia Center. Donations to their ministry may be made through the Metanoia Center, Business Office, 316 Home Ave., Lockland, OH, 45215 or online by visiting https://www.metanoiacenter.net/donate.php. If sent by postal mail, please include a note with your donation indicating your desire to direct it to Jim and Phyllis Null’s Ministry Area. The Metanoia Center is recognized by the IRS as a 501c3 organization, thus your donation is eligible to be considered for tax exemption – please consult with your tax professional for details.