Click a photo to open a window with a larger version.
South Carolina Week
We proclaimed the week of March 15 as our official “South Carolina Week”! This week we were visited by a Bible Fellowship Group from Clemson University and a college group from East PIckens Baptist Church. The Clemson University group came and blessed us with the opportunity of providing them a walk through the buildings, and, hearing about how God is reaching into the neighborhood through the Metanoia Center at 113 and 115 N. Wayne.
East Pickens Baptist Church sent two pastors and 11 able-bodied young men and women for a work day! Because of their efforts more than 84 hours of work was completed in one day. They labored from 9:30ish a.m. to 5:00 p.m. And they did this after driving from South Carolina to Cincinnati and not arriving till about 2:30 a.m. that same day! What a blessing they were as they brought a tremendous amount of joy with them. Because of them, interior cinder block walls were sealed in 113 and 115, insulation was added to the ceiling in 115, tile was removed from the floor in 113 and 115 (which was an amazingly difficult job) and interior cinder block cracks were caulked up. To top it off – one of the volunteers added a verse of Scripture to a wall in 115.
Following our South Carolina Week a team of high schoolers from Liberty Bible Academy, located in Liberty Township north of Cincinnati, joined us for a work day. This group of seven provided us with 35 hours of volunteer work! They focused on power washing 115’s exterior walls, and completing the sealing of interior cinder blocks on the second floor of 113!
Between East Pickens Baptist Church and Liberty Bible Academy more than 119 hours of volunteer work was completed! This helps us immensely to keep pushing forward on Making a Home for the Metanoia Center!
About Those Stimulus Checks
Stimulus checks are arriving! You can increase the influence of your check by making a donation to the Metanoia Center from them. Several individuals have already donated – and – one person has donated the entire amounts of the most recent stimulus check as well as the one from December! We are very grateful for the many different ways people are helping to Make a Home for the Metanoia Center – from volunteer labor to donations to introducing us to others and other organizations for potential partnerships. The body of Christ is truly amazing and we are honored to see the results of what working together accomplishes!
After School Club
We’re very excited to have after school clubs meeting again – and especially excited to see them using one of our buildings! Keith Ray, Tony Jones, Terri Zellner and Somer Ray are hands on engaging students. They’re meeting on Thursday afternoon around 3pm for just over an hour! This group is using relational tools from, games to basketball, to meet the students and let them know they are loved, loved by God and share Christ. If you would like to be involved in this effort please reach out to us with your interest. Pictured below is a photo of Tony Jones and Terri Zellner, along with a student from God’s Bible School and College, Shawn, interacting with students through games.
Young Life has announced their restart on April 7, Wednesday, and will be using Wednesday at 7:00 pm as their weekly meeting time also in building 115! Praise God!
English as a Second Language
ESL teacher/leader training is finished. We are ready to start classes after Easter. April 11 we’ll have a dry run and go over curriculum with the teacher/leader team. And, then, beginning Sunday, April 18 at 4pm, classes will begin. Prior to this we’ll be canvasing the neighborhood with invitation brochures to invite potential students. FBC children’s ministry is currently collecting one pound bags of rice that will be placed into bags along with an invitation. These bags will be hung on door knobs around the community where our immigrants live as a way of inviting them to join the ESL classes. It’s not too late! If you would like to participate as a teacher/leader please reach out to us!
- As ESL classes begin we continue to pray for our teacher/leaders. We are also praying for the students that will be coming – that they will come with open hearts to receive the teaching and the message.
- We continue to pray for the repair of the floor joists!
- We have submitted 8 grant applications and two inquiries to date. We are praying for favor with each grantee in that they will catch the vision and transformative impact of the Metanoia Center and partner with us through a grant award!
- Take a moment to thank God for the volunteers who are engaging with the Metanoia Center and continuing to help Make a Home for the Metanoia Center. We have quite a few projects for which we are seeking funding! As funds become available we press forward. There have been many volunteers who are working throughout the week on projects helping us continue to take steps forward.
- Pray for fruit from our Thursday after-school Cru gatherings and Wednesday Young Life gatherings!
- We’ve recently connected with an organization named Elemental Churches. We’ll be working with them to create a strategic plan for the Metanoia Center, and towards becoming grant ready. Phyllis and I are very excited about this connection and it what it can mean for the ministry!
Serving With You Because of Him,
Jim and Phyllis
About Us: Jim and Phyllis are faith-based independent missionaries commissioned by Faith Bible Church, Cincinnati, Ohio serving with the Metanoia Center. Donations to their ministry may be made through the Metanoia Center, Business Office, 316 Home Ave., Lockland, OH, 45215 or online by visiting https://www.metanoiacenter.net/donate.php. If sent by postal mail, please include a note with your donation indicating your desire to direct it to Jim and Phyllis Null’s Ministry Area. The Metanoia Center is recognized by the IRS as a 501c3 organization, thus your donation can be considered for tax exemption – please consult with your tax professional for details.
Contact Us: our contact information is: Jim and Phyllis Null, 316 Home Ave., Lockland, Oh, 45215 – Telephone: 502-235-7005.