Focusing on Phase I
In November we finalized some gutter work and roof trim work along with having some huge trees (in the back of 113) cut down and trimmed. We have some exterior painting that remains to be done that will wait till warmer weather in 2022. The buildings are now all set for winter weather.
As we move from November to December we continue to focus on Phase I of “putting things back together” with 99.9% of the demolition complete. We’ve broken down “putting things back together” into four phases! Each has a current budget of $150,000.
- Phase I – complete and occupy the bottom floor of 113 N. Wayne Ave as the Home of the Metanoia Center
- Phase II – complete and rent out two apartments on the second floor of 113 N. Wayne. The proceeds to be used as a source of operational income for the Metanoia Center, and income set aside for future repair and maintenance for the apartments and the Metanoia Center.
- Phase III – using about ½ of the space in 115 N. Wayne to establish a Biblically focused medical clinic.
- Phase IV – a business as missions model to establish a neighborhood laundromat. This business will consist of a self-service laundromat and a future pickup and delivery laundry service.
Focusing on Phase I means that before construction can begin we are looking for funds, contractors and materials and of course building permits! We feel a great urgency to get Phase I completed. Once we can occupy the space we can begin filling the calendar with dates for activities and events to meet the needs of local and surrounding communities. In meeting their needs we work towards making the name of the Lord known amongst the nations. When Phase I is achieved, we will move on to Phase II, III and IV in order to complete the task of our vision for 113 and 115 N. Wayne Ave.
As we end out the year of 2021 we want to thank everyone who has donated to the ministry and projects of the Metanoia Center! We want to also highlight these end of the year giving opportunities and remind you that any donations received before midnight on the last day of December is eligible for tax deductibility consideration in 2021!!! As always, donations can be submitted online by debit card, credit card or checking account, or mailed to us by check to Metanoia Center, Business Office, 316 Home Ave., Lockland, OH 45215.
Giving Tuesday, Tuesday, November 30, 2021
2021 End of the Year Donations
Phase I -Donate towards the $150,000 goal to Make a Home for the Metanoia Center
- Now that we’re in the holiday season of the calendar join us in praying for tender hearts to receive the Good News about the real meaning of Christmas and the birth of Jesus.
- Pray with us for full funding of Phase I in Making a Home for the Metanoia Center!
- Pray for the effectiveness of our English as a Second Language classes and the impact of the MC Club.
- Pray for our neighbors as the cold months are often the most difficult financial time of the year.
- Pray for wisdom as we continue to meet with contractors and discuss our needs to complete 113 N. Wayne – for us to have wisdom in making decisions and managing the gifts given to us with wisdom.
- We have four grant requests still open, pray for favor with those to whom the grants have been submitted.
- Pray with us as we begin to make ministry plans for Summer of 2022!
This is our last newsletter of 2021. With closing out this year we both wish you a wonderful, joyous Merry Christmas celebrating the birthday of our Lord, our Savior, Jesus! Thank you for praying with and for us, for being boots on the ground at the Metanoia Center, for giving heartily and fully of your self to the cause of sharing the awesomely Good News about Jesus, from the streets of our town, your town, to around the world!
Serving With You Because of Him,
Jim and Phyllis
About Us: Jim and Phyllis are faith-based independent missionaries commissioned by Faith Bible Church, Cincinnati, Ohio serving with the Metanoia Center. Donations to their ministry may be made through the Metanoia Center, Business Office, 316 Home Ave., Lockland, OH, 45215 or online by visiting https://www.metanoiacenter.net/donate.php. If sent by postal mail, please include a note with your donation indicating your desire to direct it to Jim and Phyllis Null’s Ministry Area. The Metanoia Center is recognized by the IRS as a 501c3 organization, thus your donation can be considered for tax exemption – please consult with your tax professional for details.Pages: