Donation Challenge Update
Our most recent donation challenge has ended. You might recall that we received a donation challenge of $1500. The challenge was to double or triple this donation to $3000 or $4500. At the end of this challenge $2486.00 was donated towards it resulting in a total donation of $3986.00. More than doubling it and almost tripling it!
Thank you to everyone who participated in this challenge! Donations from individuals, churches and organizations are fueling the Metanoia Center while we work to Make a Home for the Metanoia Center from where we can create a strong ministry presence in, and for, the Village of Lockland and surrounding communities! Thank you!
NEW Metanoia Center TShirts are now available for a cost of only $15 each, which includes shipping, in sizes small to 2XL. Shirts can be picked up or mailed to any continental U.S. address! This new shirt is 6.5 ounces in weight and is a jade green in color with a white design. It features a new circular design created by Reid Martin!
To place an order follow this link to our website home page. Supplies are limited … so order early!
MC Club meets on Thursday at the Metanoia Center at 115 N. Wayne. The Club is led by Keith Ray, along with other volunteers who donate their time and resources. The focus of the club is Village of Lockland students with a primary focus on middler students (the club does welcome students of all ages).
During this year’s Lockland High School Homecoming Week celebrations the Club participated in the the Homecoming Parade. We are so grateful to have the Club up and going and making a difference in the Village transforming people and place! For more information, please contact us!
We are honored to be amongst those receiving this award and grateful to our local Board of Education and our school administration for all of their help!
“The Lockland Local School District Board of Education and Director of Special Programs, Justin Gibson, took time to recognize The Village of Lockland, Metanoia Center and Cincinnati Bell with Ohio School Boards Association Business Honor Roll recognition! Each of these organizations has partnered with Lockland Schools and support our students, families and community in a positive way!”
The Marmalade Lily, a flower farm and event barn just outside of Loveland, OH, featured the Metanoia Center at this year’s Ladies Night Out. Proceeds from the sale of their tshirt are being donated to the Metanoia Center! What a creative way to help Make a Home for the Metanoia Center!
Phyllis and I were able to attend this event and setup a display table to talk to attendees about the Metanoia Center during the Ladies Night Out. In the picture provided you can make out Phyllis in her light blue coat sitting at our display table, outside, under a canopy!
You must check them out by going to their website at this link. This is an awesome place for any kind of event such as weddings, lunches, flowers or other events!
Update: Making a Home for the Metanoia Center
We are currently focused on Phase One of completing 113 N. Wayne Ave. This phase is to complete, and gain occupancy, on the bottom floor as the Home of the Metanoia Center!
Our amazing God and the Body of Christ! Randy Burton is a friend of ours who was very helpful in our move into the Village of Lockland as he gifted some furniture to us at that time. He has been serving as a missionary in the Dominican Republic. He is a skilled construction worker and manager. Randy has been working with Jim the last couple of weeks meeting with HVAC, plumbers and electrical professionals. We are seeking bids/quotes on the work needed to be done to complete Phase One. We are very grateful that God has brought him home, and sent him to us for a such a time as this! He knows, and speaks the language of those in the trades. And, he has personal connections to them from previous projects and is bringing to us great recommendations.
We have several things in process towards completing Phase 1. They are listed below in order of importance and need!
- Funding: we are estimating $150,000 to complete Phase 1.
- Selecting a plumber, electrician and HVAC professional from those we receive bids/quotes from.
- Getting mechanical drawings for each in #2 above.
- Getting permits and doing the plumbing for the new bathrooms and pre-plumbing throughout
- Getting the permits and doing the electrical service for the downstairs and upstairs and for a furnace. (Other electrical services will come once framing is completed).
- Getting a furnace installed so we can keep working through the winter.
- And then ceiling, framing, insulating and more.
As God provides funding we will continue to press ahead!
We would love to meet with your churches leadership, your employer or business, or you to discuss how to become a part of Making a Home for the Metanoia Center!
- Phyllis is doing quite well in her recovery from COVID though it continues to challenge her. Today, 9/28/2021, she made arrangements to return the oxygen condenser and the traveling oxygen air tanks. Praise God! Continue to pray with us for her energy to return and the fatigue to go away.
- Pray for Keith Ray and his team as their after school ministry has kicked off in full effort at the Metanoia Center!
- Continue to pray for awards of grants. We are moving into October when we expect to hear from several foundations. We are praying for favor with them for funding.
- Pray for our ESL team as classes are in full swing and we are once again meeting with adult ESL students!
- Pray for our influence and impact in our neighborhood to represent Jesus well!
- Pray as we begin reaching out to potential church partners with an ask to Help Make a Home for the Metanoia Center – that we would receive a favorable response. We would love to partner with them in ministry beyond a financial donation as we move forward by them sending mentors, facilitators and others once we complete the first floor of 113.
Serving With You Because of Him,
Jim and Phyllis
About Us: Jim and Phyllis are faith-based independent missionaries commissioned by Faith Bible Church, Cincinnati, Ohio serving with the Metanoia Center. Donations to their ministry may be made through the Metanoia Center, Business Office, 316 Home Ave., Lockland, OH, 45215 or online by visiting https://www.metanoiacenter.net/donate.php. If sent by postal mail, please include a note with your donation indicating your desire to direct it to Jim and Phyllis Null’s Ministry Area. The Metanoia Center is recognized by the IRS as a 501c3 organization, thus your donation can be considered for tax exemption – please consult with your tax professional for details.